I have to be honest, a lot of these gift options are things I would buy for myself if I could. That being said, I tried to find things that all types of ladies would want and love. I can admit I am a complicated woman and can be one person one minute and someone completely different the next. I fit in all of these categories below and you or the women you know and love will likely fit into a few too. Like our Men's guide, we tried to divide some of these options into groups, but really they are all perfect for any and all types of chicks!
1. Plaid Sherling Foldover Fireside Slippers from J. Crew Factory-- $24.00. Last year Bobby gave me a similar pair of these amazingly affordable slippers. I wore them out. Really comfortable. And that plaid is PERFECT.
2. Cashmere Sweatpants from Everlane -- $140.00. Ok these would be a splurge gift, but it would be worth it. Everlane is a great brand and CASHMERE on your whole lower half? Can't beat it.
3. Hoot Owl Socks from Anthropologie -- $15.00. These are adorable and look so cozy and warm. Necessary for winter and an owl lover like me.
4. Embroidered Sleep Tight PJ Shirt and Shorts from Madewell-- $70.00. This pj set is cotton and machine washable. I love it because it looks cozy and fancy at the same time. Plus it would be great for the spring and summer months, when your warm flannels are no longer practical.
for the baker
1. Paul Hollywood's British Baking -- $28.56. If you have watched The Great British Baking Show, otherwise known as the absolutely best reality tv show on the planet, then you know Paul Hollywood. He is a top baker and we love him. We bought this book after we binged the show to feel properly English! It has great recipes divided by geographic region. We (Bobby) have tried some of the pies and they were amazing.
2. Magnetic Kitchen Timer from Anthropologie -- $16.00. We have the red version and it has been on our fridge for YEARS. It is amazing and still works perfectly and is really cute. This version is in copper and green.
3. Momofuku Milk Bar Cookbook -- $21.99. We LOVE the recipes in this book. We have tried cookies, cakes, pies, etc. They are more complicated than your average baking recipes, but it is worth it. We recently went and tried the same goodies in NYC and honestly, I like our homemade versions better.
4. Pullman Loaf Pan -- $28.99. This is a top notch steel pullman loaf pan which is ideal for breads and pound cakes. We have this version and love it. It is great quality, made in the USA and a necessary staple for you favorite baker.
for the traveler
1. Multi-Purpose Passport Wallet -- $11.99. I saw this on Amazon and feel in love. It comes in a variety of colors and looks slim and manageable despite all the things it does. It has a passport pocket, credit card slots, sim card pouch, ticket slot, cellphone pouch and money and coins zippered pocket. Plus a key and pen holder.
2. Everlane Weekend Duffle Bag -- $115.00. I have a bag problem. I have so many bags that I buy because I love them and then never really have the opportunity to use them. I recently saw this one and had to stop myself. It comes in all black, which is my thing, and fits in overhead compartments!
3. Travel Organizer Luggage Compression Pouches --$9.99. This comes with 6 pouches that allow for you organize your clothes within your luggage. I have to attempt that I was attracted to these initially because of the wide range of beautiful colors they come in. That being said, they do seem like a practical thing for someone who travels a lot or travels for long periods of time.
4. Travel Jewelry Box -- $10. I don't wear jewelry other than my wedding ring, so I don't need this, but I know so many women who travel and take lots of jewelry options with them. This comes in lots of colors and is faux leather. Small and easy to carry with you.
for around the house
1. Plum and Sparrow Market Basket -- $40.00. These baskets are handmade and one of a kind. This is an amazing company that has excellent customer service. They also have beautiful bassinets for babies. We have a large market basket that is huge and holds so many of Ro's toys. It's beautiful and I want to give it a hug everyday.
2. Winter Wonder Candle -- $18.00. These candles are lovely and smell amazing. They are perfect for winter and the holidays. Persimmon and Clove, Snowflakes and Icicles, and Balsam and Cedar.
3. Domino: Your Guide to a Stylish Home -- $22.48. This book is by the editors of Domino Magazine. It is full of inspiration for your own home. Perfect for the person (ME) who is always trying to find new and fun things to do around the house to make it more like them and their tastes.
4. Original Watercolor and Liquid Gold Leaf -- $75.00. Sallie is a friend of mine and an AMAZING artist. She does amazing watercolors of feathers. This is just one example. Check out her site to see all her different options, including some beautiful rooster feathers. She even has a holiday shop up right now with a great sale. Hurry they are selling out!!
5. Marble Coasters -- $16.99. I'm kind of obsessed with marble right now like so many other people. This Etsy seller has a beautiful set of 4 marble coasters on sale right now. There are lots of other Etsy sellers with similar options. They are pretty and clean and a perfect balance to an otherwise colorful room.
for the mama
1. Fawn Design Diaper Bag -- $125.00. I have this bag and absolutely love it. It wasn't my first diaper bag, but I saw it on instagram and eventually caved. I'm so glad I did. It's really versatile and can easily function as a purse/luggage as well. It has lot of inside compartments to help with organization. Honestly, I can fit so much in this thing. Also, it has a shoulder strap and backpack straps so you can wear multiple ways. Fawn Design often sells out of their bags soon after they restock. So sometimes you have to be patient. That said, they are restocking tomorrow (Wednesday, December 9th) at 10:00 a.m. mountain time. They will be offering 25% to those who join the email list prior to the sale. So if you are at all interested, sign up now so you can have the promotion code emailed to you. I cannot recommend this bag enough.
2. Silhouettes by A Family Print Shop -- prices vary. I purchased a wood silhouette of Ro from this shop a few months ago. It's a small business run by a mom. She was amazing to work with and provided the best customer service. Her shop is currently closed right now for holiday orders, but you can still buy a gift certificate to be used after the holidays. I really cherish the silhouette I have of Ro, and if I am lucky enough to have more babies, I will be purchasing more silhouettes.
3. Mama Bird T-Shirt -- $28.00. I purchased this shirt after I really felt like I came into my sense of motherhood. I love being a mom and this shirt allowed me to express that in a particular way. It's comfy and cute and they have some onesies that say "baby bird" too, so of course you should get it.
4. Solly Baby Wrap -- $65.00. These wraps are slightly more expensive that a lot of other wraps, so giving one for a Christmas gift is the perfect excuse to splurge. They are top quality. Soft and lightweight. Perfect for keeping your baby close without getting overheated or uncomfortable.
5. Letters to My Baby -- $11.87. Last year we gave a similar version of this diary/book to our parents for them to write letters to Ro. This is a nice way for moms (and dads!) to write, collect and preserve notes and memories for their babies. It would a sweet, personal gift for your mama friends and relatives.
for the reader
1. My True Love Gave to Me -- $8. This is a compilation of holiday themed short stories by lots of great young adult and contemporary authors, like Rainbow Rowell, Jenny Han and Stephanie Perkins. I recently checked this out from the library and I have loved every story so far, even from the authors I am less familiar with. This is great for anyone that loves the holidays and loves sweet, little stories.
2. A Darker Shade of Magic -- $10.00. This is the first book in a fantasy trilogy. The final book comes out in February. I am currently reading the second book, A Gathering of Shadows. This is a book for readers who love complex characters, adventure and magic :)
3. Eleanor & Park -- $11.00. This was my first Rainbow Rowell book and I'm so glad I read it. She is an amazing author and really captures the voice and mind of teenage/young women. Eleanor and Park is perfect for readers who like a little angst with their love stories.
4. The Hating Game -- $9.00. I have recommend this book before, and I am going to do it again for good measure. I LOVE THIS BOOK. It is a new adult romance with comedy and clever characters.
5. A Court of Thorns and Roses -- $8.42. This is another fantasy series boarding between young and new adult. It has a romance angle that A Darker Shade of Magic doesn't. I really enjoyed this book because of the strong, smart leading lady. I also loved the world this author created. I should say, I like this book mostly because of the next book in the series, A Court of Mist and Fury. I am obsessed with that book. This series develops into something completely unexpected and rewarding in the second book. This first book is really worth it simply to get to the next.
for the working girl
1. Laptop Bag/Briefcase from J.Crew Factory -- $39.00. This is in only the men's section, which is silly. I have a "men's" briefcase from J.Crew that I use to bring work stuff home all the time. I won't rant regarding this mistake by J.Crew, but ladies, you should know you can certainly buy a great briefcase even if it is in the men's section. This is a great, inexpensive, informal briefcase. I have carried home pounds and pounds of documents without a problem. It also comes in blue!
2. Cape Jacket from basic. -- $142. Obviously this cape is amazing and would be perfect for any occasion, not necessarily work. I thought of it here because it's fashionable and beautiful, and I know when I wear something like that to work after a parade of endless drab outfits, I feel like a million bucks. PLUS basic has an amazing philosophy and free shipping and returns, so why not!?
3. Magic Garden Lunchbox -- $24. This lunchbox is designed by an artist from Bobby's hometown and I've always loved her beautiful, bright floral paintings. If you bring your lunch to work everyday, why not bring it in something that will brighten your day and is pleasant to look at?
4. Plaid Tartan Skirt -- $47.50. I am a huge fan of plaid. Especially around Christmas. I actually bought this skirt already for myself. It's perfect to provide a little Christmas/Winter spirt to your office. AND it comes in a variety of sizes.
for the empowered woman
1. In The Company of Women -- $21.24. "Inspiration and Advice from other 100 Artists, Makers and Entrepreneurs." This is a book designed for and by women. I want to read it as soon as possible. I think every woman could use a little pick-me-up inspiration now and then.
2. Strong is the New Pretty T-Shirt -- $28. The Bee and the Fox has some great t-shirt and sweatshirts on their Etsy page with inspiring and empowering slogans. This one is one of my favorites. When the internet is shoving unrealistic beauty ideals in our face every day, this message is even more important.
3. Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman -- $16.25. I see this book every time I go into my local coffee shop and I always go pick it up and read the back. I NEED to read this. Based on the description and praise, it sounds like the perfect memoir for women who need to laugh and feel relatable in their daily struggles of feeling and being treated unequal.
4. The Future is Female Sweatshirt -- $16. If you couldn't tell, I'm into positive messaging right now. This sweatshirt is handmade and cotton. Perfect for the women who likes to lounge and get her message across. This Etsy shop has a lot of other super cute and fun shirts, tanks and sweatshirts.