We've compiled a big list of some affordable, functional, unique gifts from multiple places. We have titled this post "for him", but honestly these gift ideas are great for anyone--so please don't let that put you off. There are so many things on here that I (Claire) would purchase for myself in a minute. Also, we grouped them by specific qualifiers for a particular type of guy, but again, that is simply for description/grouping purposes. I know all too well that guys, like women, are complicated creatures that have many complimentary and opposing aspects of their personalities. So, that being said, please know that no title here is a hard and fast rule :)
We hope you find something good for your special guys (or girls) of all types and ages!
For a handy guy:
1. Trusco Tool Box -- $50.00; metal with inner trays that expand up and out when opened. Isn't it so much more appealing than a big black/gray plastic box? It would also be great for art/craft supplies or even baby toys.
2. Handmade Suede Toll Roll --$25.00; smaller for a few important tools or knives or whatever you want to roll up.
For a gadget guy:
1. Ear Bud Spool -- $10.00; easy little way to keep his ear buds wound up without a tangle. Tiny too!
2. Handmade Ear Bud Leather Keychain --$8.00; maybe even easier. for the guy who hates to carry anything but his keys.
3. Cell Phone Mount -- $6.00; tiny and fun. perfect for a stocking stuffer.
4. Handmade Wooden Catch All Tray -- $38.00; great for a guy who always loses his stuff. places for phone, wallet, watch and keys.
5. Vintage Tabletop Fan -- $90.00; does your husband or boyfriend always have to have a fan on? Does he have one of those cheap looking plastic fans? fear not! here is the perfect gift to replace that gross fan and keep him happy. It comes in multiple colors and is really really pretty. We have a Vornado fan (not this specific type), and we have been really pleased with it.
For an entertainer:
1. Dixit -- $25.00; a multiplayer party game and fresh alternative to apples to apples and similar games. We have this game and have played it multiple times with our families, including our 5-year-old nephew. It doesn't take long and would be appropriate to play with children or parents :)
2. Codenames -- $12.00; another multiplayer party game where you can play in teams against each other. It's more complex than a regularly word game, and has some more competitive elements. It's a really fun alternative to charades or even cards against humanity. our family has also played this game in a big group with teams. It takes longer than Dixit, but it really funny and engaging.
for a super cool, nerdy guy:
1. Marvel Pillow Linen Covers -- $10.00; also includes Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, etc. Perfect for the guy who wants to wave his fandom flag in a classy, grown up way.
2. Paper Girls Volume 1 -- $9.00; a graphic novel great for fans of stranger things; science fiction, strong female heroes. Bobby and I both read this graphic novel and loved it. we are eagerly awaiting volume 2.
for an outdoorsy guy:
1. Coleman Steel-Belted Cooler -- $54-75.00 (depending on color); made in the USA and keeps ice cold for days. It also has a bottle opener! Great alternative to a Yeti and other more expensive coolers. PLUS it has this amazing retro color.
2. Fjallraven Kanken Daypack -- $56.00; this bag is really popular among men, women and kids. It comes in 30000 colors and is a great size. honestly, this works for any guy, indoor or outside, but we figured some people who spend a lot of time outside, might need a light backpack, so in this category it went!
3. Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival -- $10.00; a reputable, well-reviewed guide for the crazy person who wants to head out in the woods for days on end.
for a foodie/cook:
1. Epicurean Cutting Board -- $22.00; my husband's go-to cutting board. wood, dishwasher safe, easy maintenance. Chef approved!
2. Appetites: A Cookbook by Anthony Bourdain -- $22.00; we love Anthony Bourdain and always enjoy his shows and opinions on food. This is his first cookbook in 10 years and includes his favorites from home and abroad.
3. Cuisinart Griddler -- $80.00; a good looking and reliable griddler with easy to operator control and easy to clean removable plates. We have this and use it at least once a week.
4. Instant Read Digital Thermometer -- $25.00; Bobby's go-to cooking thermometer. Great for quick, accurate reads on meat temperatures. if you know a guy who needs a little help knowing when it's time to take the meat off the grill, here is your stocking stuffer. On Thanksgiving, Bobby had to rush back to our house to get this for my mom to use on the Turkey. Maybe she will be getting one too :)
for a coffee-loving, book reading, vinyl-collecting dad (?):
1. Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker -- $33.00; comes with great reviews and multiple colors and sizes. This is perfect for someone who likes to experiment with their morning drinks and loves trying new coffee flavors. And it's actually really pretty.
2. Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow --$12.00; Bobby's current read, which he is really enjoying! If you know a guy who loves history, loves the musical Hamilton or loves biographies, give him this book.
3. 1000 Record Covers by Michael Ochs -- $14.00; a beautiful hardcover book that shows 1000 different record covers. Perfect for a collector or music lover.
4. Papa Bear T-Shirt from The Bee and The Fox --$28.00; a really cute way to show you favorite baby daddy how loved he is!
for the guy who needs some new threads:
1. Cashmere Sweater from Everlane -- $100.00; this is a timeless, SOFT sweater. It comes in multiple colors and is reasonably priced for cashmere. We love Everlane and have been really impressed with their quality.
2. Slim Tie from Everlane -- $55.00; all men need a nice, slim, modern tie. this is a beautiful option that comes in multiple colors.
3. American Giant Classic Full Zip Hoodie -- $89.00; this is an amazing hoodie that Bobby and I both have. They are top quality, heavyweight fleece. I know it seems expensive, but it is worth it. If you know someone that loves their jacket, but it is falling apart, give them this quality version and throw the other away.
4. Flannel Robe from J.Crew Factory -- $31.00; perfect for the holidays with its plaid print. does your husband or dad like to laze about on Saturday morning? They need this.
Again, these can mostly work for anyone so don't feel limited if you aren't a guy! We hope you found something good on this list. Please let us know what you think. Happy shopping! :)